The establishment of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University (initially known as Agra University) was laid on the first of July, 1927, as a consequence of feverish endeavors of a band of excited educationists like Rev. Standard A.W. Davis, Munshi Narain Prasad Asthana, Dr L.P. Mathur, Lala Dewan Chand, Rai Bahadur Anand Swaroop and Dr Brajendra Swaroop,
Unique ward of University stretched out over United Provinces of Agra, Central India and Rajputana with 14 associated schools and 2530 understudies of which, 1475 understudies had a place with United Provinces. At first, there were just four resources in the University viz. Expressions, Sciences, Commerce and Law. Resources of Medicine (1936), Agriculture (1938), Home Science (1980), Basic Sciences (1981), Fine Arts (1982) and Management (1994) were included consequently.
An unequivocal trademark in impacting the instruction of a scholarly foundation is the quest for incredibleness and predictable adherence to exclusive requirement as far as granting information advancing examination. Amid last eighty three years the University has tried to continue receiving these high thoughts and has set up rich conventions and developed regard from the scholarly group. College has truly served the reason for advanced education in northern India. The antiquated rule of coordinating moral and good values in instruction has been the attempt of the University. To instill these vital values in its understudies academicians have been diligently attempting to hone the substance and educational modules of the University.
The University was renamed as Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University in 1996. The University now takes into account the instructive need of the seven regions of Agra Division Agra, Aligarh, Mainpuri, Hathras, Firozabad, Etah and Mathura. Plus, the University is pleased with having partnered to it, Sarojini Naidu Medical College, which is one of the most seasoned and chief Medical Institute of the nation. At present college has approx 200 subsidiary universities and 15 private Institutes spread out in its four private grounds viz. Paliwal Park, Khandari Campus, Civil Lines Campus and Chhaleshar Campus. Moreover, this college offshoots schools of Homeopathy, expanding everywhere throughout the State of U.P.
The University is consistently surging ahead as an inside for higher logical professional and occupation situated training and imaginative research. The objective of the University is to improve in the field of instruction and to end up a focal point of incredibleness both Nationally and Internationally. The University is kept to grant quality instruction as well as to fulfill the deep longing of the understudies who are investigating the inventive judgment and learning demeanor of the understudies. The University is bending over backward to satisfy the soul of University aphorism "Tamso Ma Jyotirgamay" moving from haziness to light.